Adrienne Arsht Center
Centrally located on Biscayne Boulevard in Downtown Miami, Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County (Arsht Center) is one of the country’s largest performing arts centers. The Arsht Center is open year-round with artists from around the world, innovative programming from resident companies and local arts partners, free community events that reflect Miami’s unique identity and arts education experiences for thousands of Miami children each year.
The Arsht Center is also a home stage for Florida Grand Opera, Miami City Ballet and New World Symphony. It is also a launch pad for local artists to make their mark on the international stage. Their 300+ events each year include the Center’s Signature Series of classical, jazz, Broadway, local theater and much more. They present a robust series of touring Broadway musicals direct from New York, the largest jazz series in South Florida, a major annual Flamenco Festival and an award-winning Miami-based theater program. In addition, their Family Fest, Free Gospel Sundays, CommuniTEA LGBTQ+ celebration and Heritage Fest are among dozens of free events that bring together people from all corners of our community.
Meetings & Events at Arsht Center
Designed by Cesar Pelli, the Arsht Center occupies two 570,000 square feet (53,000 m2) sites straddling Biscayne Boulevard, which is connected by a pedestrian bridge. Acoustics were designed by the Artec Consultants company.
The center has three main venues, which can be rented for event space by the public:
- The Sanford and Dolores Ziff Ballet Opera House seats 2,400.
- The John S. and James L. Knight Concert Hall seats 2,200. Its stage extends into the audience and there is seating behind the stage for 200 additional spectators or a chorus. The orchestra level can be transformed into a “Grand Ballroom” with a festival floor configuration for dining and dancing for up to 850 people. The floor is installed over the seats.
- Carnival Studio Theater is a flexible black-box space designed for up to 300 seats.
In addition, there are two smaller multi-purpose venues:
- The Peacock Rehearsal Studio holds 270 people.
- Parker and Vann Thomson Plaza for the Arts is an outdoor social and performance space linking the two main houses across Biscayne Blvd.